Analieze Cervantes is a literary agent with Harvey Klinger Literary.
Analieze is a graduate from Cal State San Bernardino where she studied English: Creative Writing along with a minor in Screenwriting. She has also worked as an Editorial Freelancer for Independent Authors. She started her career as an intern at a New York Literary Agency and was mentored by Saritza Hernandez. She then joined the Harvey Klinger Literary Agency in 2020.
She currently resides in Southern California with her five dogs.
“As an Agent for The Harvey Klinger Literary Agency. I am looking for character-driven books that grip me from the first page until the very end. I want fantastic world-building, a clear plot, and want to know your main character’s desire by the time I get to page ten. Time shouldn’t exist when I read your manuscript. I want to be hooked and pulled into your world. Great writing is awesome, but your characters matter most to me. I want books that make me cry, laugh, and to feel connected to your main character. For thrillers, I want to be on the edge of my seat and have no clue on how your book is going to end. I want to vouch for your main character and cheer them on by the end of your story. I’m especially open to BIPOC and LGBTQ voices.”
What I’m Looking For:
I am looking to represent Writers for Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult Fiction and am actively building my list in the following categories:
- Contemporary (something really cute, out of the box, character desire that molds the MC)
- Mystery (twists & turns, young detective who has a desire to solve the case, something out of the box, cute voice)
- Sci-fi (cute voice, a young scientist/inventor on the brink of discovering something that shapes the MC and is meaningful to the MC, think Meet the Robinsons)
- Sci-Fi (a Dystopian feel, think Divergent, hacking, neurolinks, AI blend with reality)
- Contemporary Romance (think If He Had Been With Me and To All the Boys)
- RomCom (a love story that provides comedic elements, meeting in a unique moment/setting)
- Mystery (think Riverdale, twists & turns, should not give me any hints)
- Paranormal (vampires, werewolves, blend of reality & fiction with a love story) No Zombies.
- Crime Fiction (thorough investigation for murders and other cases, strong MC with a desire)
- LGBTQ (a love story that progresses over time, no triangles)
- Thriller/Suspense (cliffhangers, want to be on the edge of my seat)
- Physiological Thriller/Suspense (think Karin Slaughter’s The Good Daughter)
- Mystery (twists & turns, want a surprise ending, should not give me hints on who “dun” it)
- Contemporary Romance (a love story that conquers all, no love at first sight)
- Romantic Suspense (a love story with suspense elements webbed in)
- omCom (a love story that provides comedic elements, meeting in a unique moment/setting)
- Paranormal (vampires, witches, etc. blend of reality & fiction with a love story) No Zombies.
- Sci-Fi (soft sci-fi, blending the two worlds)
- Crime Fiction (want to feel connected to the MC and clearly shows MC’s desire to solve a case)
What I’m NOT looking for:
- Fantasy (anything Fantasy, might be interested in Magical Realism)
- Short story collections
- Inspirational works including religious overtones
- Picture/Chapter Books
- Graphic Novels
- Horror (please nothing with Zombies)
- Anything Political