Rae Loverde is an agent assistant at Donald Maass Literary Agency.
At the 2019 event, she will be taking pitches at the workshop on behalf of her co-agents.
Her co-agent Kiana Nguyen is seeking the following:
- contemporary romances like Alisha Rai and Alyssa Cole
- adult sci-fi that feels like “Black Mirror”
- psychological thrillers
- In YA, she’s looking for thrillers and contemporary that’s queer, POC, or features a mystery.
- In all categories except romance, the darker, the better.
Her co-agent Caitlin McDonald is seeking the following:
- All science fiction & fantasy fiction for adult, YA, and MG, especially secondary world fantasy and alternate history
- Genre-bending or cross-genre fiction, and stories that examine tropes from a new angle
- Diversity of all kinds, including (but not limited to) race, gender, sexuality, and ability, in both characters and worldbuilding