Taylor Martindale Kean is a literary agent with Full Circle Literary, actively acquiring fiction and nonfiction projects.
She is a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where she studied English and Hispanic Studies.
Taylor is looking for young adult fiction, literary middle grade fiction, and young adult and middle grade nonfiction. She is interested in finding unique and unforgettable voices in contemporary, fantasy and historical novels. She is looking for books that demand to be read. More than anything, Taylor is looking for diverse, character-driven stories that bring their worlds vividly to life, voices that are honest, original and interesting. When considering nonfiction projects, Taylor uses much the same approach, and hopes to find authors with fresh ideas and perspectives, with writing that is accessible, entertaining, and compelling. Clients include: Annie Cardi, Emery Lord, Anna-Marie McLemore, Sally J. Pla, Aisha Saeed, Diana Rodriguez Wallach, Lois Miner Huey, Tim Bradley, and more.
Some new releases include Emery Lord’s When We Collided (Bloomsbury) and William C. Morris YA Debut Award Finalist Anna-Marie McLemore’s second novel, When the Moon Was Ours (Macmillan). When not working, Taylor can be found traveling, cooking, spending time with loved ones, or (surprise!) lost in a good book.
TAYLOR’S WISH LIST
- Magical realism in middle grade and young adult
- Young adult fantasy with grounded and compelling world building, diverse casts, and that has smart and savvy heroes and heroines
- All young adult and middle grade fiction with characters who are engaging, imperfect and diverse
- Young adult and middle grade nonfiction that explores untold stories and previously unexplored topics
- A novel that deals with a family living in the aftermath of a serious crime